The Danish authorities have now started preventing the use of coagulants and flocculants that can remove phosphate, algae or bacteria from water. This is a European Court Judgement that will now be applied throughout the EC and will impact on the entire water industry. Unless this judgement is reversed there is going to be a human health disaster and a huge adverse impact on the environment.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/dryden-aqua-ltd/comments?topic=6109062725231534080&type=U&scope=664346&stype=C&a=LX4M&showModal=true

You need to be a member of Pool Genius Network to add comments!

Join Pool Genius Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Precisely the reason I shall be voting to exit Europe, un elected MEP's calling the shots over elected governments.

They will have to ban mouthwashes to, as they are strong, long lasting biocides in far more common usage.

• I commented before on this on LinkedIn.  Unbelievable stupidity upon the part of regulators.

So what is the cost and process of registering a product as a biocide?  That's really the bottom line impact.  If they have a simpler biocide registration process for these products that wasn't cumbersome, then it's not as huge a deal.  If the process is as costly and time consuming as it is for hard-core pesticides, then that's horrible.

• Hi Richard, the cost is around 500,000 usd and takes a year.  The judgement is completely stupid, we are trying to raise awareness amongst the pool industry in Europe to try and challenge to ruling. 

This reply was deleted.