Translate to:
Who is the most innovative, progressive, forward thinking manufacturer you know?

I would like to contact and interview the 5 most innovative manufacturers in the industry.

Who do you think they are?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Comment below. Thx!

Views: 1386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree Wes the Eco Flow is a "stand out" innovation with huge potential for service companies looking for ways to help customers "go green: while improving their business base.

Wes Burdine said:
Great discussion Rex. I have already found some companies here which I will be looking at to supply solutions for my customers.

I want to nominate Emotron's PSP20 and another product from them which they launched at the Vegas show called the Eco-Flow.

The PSP20 has been my VGB secondary layer of protection solution of choice since I began VGB work. During my research, I was looking for a reliable, simple, cost effective solution for my clients (in that order by the way.), and the PSP20 won hands down. Many of you here a familiar with the PSP20, but if not, here's the link for it: http://www.usa-emotron.com/psp20poolprotection.aspx

The Eco-Flow is the first and only stand alone variable speed controller designed for pool pumps. It allows customers to keep their existing pump and motor, even if it is single phase. To me, this is brilliant. Replacing a customer's pump and motor, while it is still working well is a hard sell. With the Eco-Flow, they can keep what they have and simply add this variable speed controller to reduce power consumption, while maintaining their turnover rate.

Here's the link to Eco-Flow: http://www.H2FLOW.NET. I encourage you to take a look. Not only is this a opportunity for us to increase our cash flow; it's an opportunity to assist our clients to go green.
As you know I talk to a quite a few pool builders in any given week - I have heard that Pool Pro Office provides a very user friendly management solution - good luck in 2010!

Mark Richter said:
You asked, so here is my shameless self promoting plug. Pool Pro Office is the pool industries leader in providing technology solutions to pool builders. Using the most forward thinking in technology we provide pool builders with complete management software. This year we have developed and introduced four new technology solutions. Leads Management and Marketing Database Solution, the Personal Touch Assistant mobile marketing, Perfect Project Pricing and Project Pro Office for all project managers.
All of our technology products not only assist pool builders in increasing their sales and reducing their costs but assist their customers with the very best in project management and customer care.
Mark Richter Pool Pro Office
Rex & Wes, I too am interested in the Eco-Flow, but I think the jury is still out. First, it is going to have to be priced much less than a two speed motor. While it works with an existing motor, it will only be used until that existing motor goes out. At that point , Emotron recomends upgrade the motor to three phase and installing yet another new three phase Eco-Flow. Unless this is priced around $100 (or 50% or a two-speed motor), it doesn't seem to make economic sense to me.

As for the Eco-Flow being innovative, I believe that this is just adapted from the HVAC field. The innovation is marketing it to the pool industry.

Rex Richard said:
I agree Wes the Eco Flow is a "stand out" innovation with huge potential for service companies looking for ways to help customers "go green: while improving their business base.

Wes Burdine said:
Great discussion Rex. I have already found some companies here which I will be looking at to supply solutions for my customers.

I want to nominate Emotron's PSP20 and another product from them which they launched at the Vegas show called the Eco-Flow.

The PSP20 has been my VGB secondary layer of protection solution of choice since I began VGB work. During my research, I was looking for a reliable, simple, cost effective solution for my clients (in that order by the way.), and the PSP20 won hands down. Many of you here a familiar with the PSP20, but if not, here's the link for it: http://www.usa-emotron.com/psp20poolprotection.aspx

The Eco-Flow is the first and only stand alone variable speed controller designed for pool pumps. It allows customers to keep their existing pump and motor, even if it is single phase. To me, this is brilliant. Replacing a customer's pump and motor, while it is still working well is a hard sell. With the Eco-Flow, they can keep what they have and simply add this variable speed controller to reduce power consumption, while maintaining their turnover rate.

Here's the link to Eco-Flow: http://www.H2FLOW.NET. I encourage you to take a look. Not only is this a opportunity for us to increase our cash flow; it's an opportunity to assist our clients to go green.
Clint, This discussion really needs to be somewhere else within PGN, but here's how I think.

I believe the jury is prepared to offer a verdict. 2-Speed vs Variable speed is like a pond vs gunite pool. They are just not the same.

I don't understand would it have to be priced at much less than a 2-speed motor? If you’re installing a two speed motor, you also need to provide a mechanically interlocked two-speed contactor and a controller, both inside an appropriately rated (NEMA 3R) enclosure. Secondly, a 2-speed motor will not provide anything close to the energy savings of a VFD, you don’t have the ability to lower the speed below 50%. BTW, California’s Title 20 (which is largely being adopted by other States), will cease rebates for 2-speed motor solutions effective 1/1/2010 – this explains how that State views energy savings from both options.

Regarding replacing the motor, Emotron only recommends going to a 3-phase motor if the existing single phase motor is a non PSC (Permanent Split Capacitor) type at the initial install. If in later years, the motor goes bad, simply replace it with another PSC. Most motors being supplied today are PSC and are more reliable.

The economic sense of going to variable speed has been well documented and proven by Pentair, Hayward and now Jandy. The argument is extremely strong in the sunbelt areas where pumps are run for more months of the year and where energy costs tend to be higher, but much weaker in the north.

I also think you will find that single phase VFD’s used in HVAC have been MUCH smaller than that to be offered with the Eco-Flow.

Clint Combs said:
Rex & Wes, I too am interested in the Eco-Flow, but I think the jury is still out. First, it is going to have to be priced much less than a two speed motor. While it works with an existing motor, it will only be used until that existing motor goes out. At that point , Emotron recomends upgrade the motor to three phase and installing yet another new three phase Eco-Flow. Unless this is priced around $100 (or 50% or a two-speed motor), it doesn't seem to make economic sense to me.
As for the Eco-Flow being innovative, I believe that this is just adapted from the HVAC field. The innovation is marketing it to the pool industry. Rex Richard said:

Wes Burdine said:

The PSP20 has been my VGB secondary layer of protection solution of choice since I began VGB work. During my research, I was looking for a reliable, simple, cost effective solution for my clients (in that order by the way.), and the PSP20 won hands down. Many of you here a familiar with the PSP20, but if not, here's the link for it: http://www.usa-emotron.com/psp20poolprotection.aspx The Eco-Flow is the first and only stand alone variable speed controller designed for pool pumps. It allows customers to keep their existing pump and motor, even if it is single phase. To me, this is brilliant. Replacing a customer's pump and motor, while it is still working well is a hard sell. With the Eco-Flow, they can keep what they have and simply add this variable speed controller to reduce power consumption, while maintaining their turnover rate.

Wes & all:

To follow up on our Eco-Flow conversation, I started an Eco-Flow discussion.
Thanks Clint.

Clint Combs said:
Wes & all:

To follow up on our Eco-Flow conversation, I started an Eco-Flow discussion.
While not a "bulk manufacturer" of single product (pump, filter, pool cleaner, etc.) offerings, how about what is available from Pool Services Technologies, Inc (www.poolservicestech.com). in San Diego? Currently this is a trailer mounted unit that is capable of handling residential and commercial projects on a one-on-one basis, but hard mounted units are also available for larger use facilities that have large bather loads and significant exposure to down time.

For full disclosure, I am a bit biased since I am one of the owners of the company! With water being such a limited resource (especially here in California), this promises to be vital in recovering potentially billions of gallons of water that has been dumped down the drain in the past. The bathing experience, ability to glean more life out of pool plaster and equipment, as well as limit chemical consumption, all come together to create a pretty innovative and progressive product line!

Bruce
Thanks for the vote of confidence James! I really appreciate your support and I would heartily recommend Solar Attic in return! Not just as reciprocation, but because you have a very innovative product that deserves recognition. You have been working so hard to get your name out there and respected, and I KNOW you have had astonishing success in the last year, at a time when companies were feeling the pressure. The product speaks for itself, and the success speaks even louder.
Congratulations, and thank you, again.

Monique Nelson
Flexible Solutions

James Kantorowicz said:
Rex,

I would like to nominate Ecosavr from flexible solutions http://www.flexiblesolutions.com
world wide ? i think there are many European manufacturers are great !!
I would also like to add one of the best marketing websites I have seen in our industry which includes great use of videos, testimonials and social networking. Mark Richter

Stacy Nelson said:
Rex,
Viking Pools has continued to lead the way in the fiberglass pool industry with innovations like closed beam construction, built-in cleaning systems, cascades, streams, and aromatherapy. We also have an array of unique finishes, one of which - Crystite - can be customized to create millions of color possibilities. I would be happy to review in detail with you or send you a packet of information.
--Stacy
Without a doubt Pentair and Paramount. No one has led the industry in energy efficiency and product support as well as pentair has. Their line up of pumps, filters, heaters and VFD, HVRS systems cannot be touched by the other manufacturers. Nor can their customer support. We are a relatively small builder, but get support like we are the largest, most important client they have. I would be more than happy to meet with you and tell you the countless hours they have spent with us to refine designs, stretch technology, or help program some the most complicated automation systems around.

Paramount has also been not only a provider of great product, as well as a great help and support, but the greatest thing they provide is all of the tools needed for success, not just product and support, but pool customer financing, advertising ideas and promotions. Training for VGB, VGB products that work and are cost effective etc. I have not met another manufacturer so concerned with each individual pool builders success.
www.Aquastarpoolproducts.com has come up with amazing solutions for what is needed in our industry!!

www.Aquabond.com has also great solutions for repairs in our industry!

Orenda Technologies www.orendatech.com Brilliant GREEN solutions spinning the industry in a new direction!!!

Hydropure Technologies
Great solutions for pure water from the get go!!!!
www.metaltrap.com

www.cmiwebsite.com truly inovative ways to help energy and electrical codes in the industry!

RSS

Sign in

Password
 or Sign Up
By signing in, you agree to the amended Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Forgotten your password?

Events

Latest Activity

Jesse Burnett posted a status
"Is anyone giving a pool as a gift to their family or has a customer doing such a thing?"
4 hours ago
Kim Skinner commented on Kim Skinner's blog post The Future for pH and Chlorine Standards
"Thank you John. Yes, we owe Richard a thanks. This will be a good step upward and is needed for our…"
yesterday
John commented on Kim Skinner's blog post The Future for pH and Chlorine Standards
"Thanks for the update Kim, well done to Richard for pursuing this over the years and to keep…"
yesterday
Diego B. Moore is now a member of Pool Genius Network
yesterday
Kevin Woodhurst updated their profile
Wednesday
Profile IconMatt Hancock, Hilde Verbeke and Melanie Brzozowski joined Pool Genius Network
Dec 7
Melanie Brzozowski updated their profile photo
Dec 6
Kim Skinner posted blog posts
Dec 6

© 2017   Created by PGN Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video