Point of Sale software

I am looking for a POS for a small retail location. We currently use Quickbooks to manage our accounting, but not as a POS. It is very painful to look up items and get the customer out the door. We are looking for a smoother transition and wanted some professional advice. Thanks for your responses, Jamie.

You need to be a member of Pool Genius Network to add comments!

Join Pool Genius Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We use Micosoft Dynamics Retail Mangement System. works very well but be sure your pos will work with your credit card co. and chip card stuff (be sure everything can talk to each other)

• Thank you for the advice.

• We have 4 office computers and 2 registers. They installed in less than 5 hrs. With just one season it has made a huge impact but since this is our first POS system I think we will see the most benefits at 3 yrs. Oh and this year RB now has the capability to link up to our water testing station so we can view gallons and testing history at any computer.

• Thank you for your repsonse. I have spoken with RB several times, but wanted a non biased opinion. What was the amount of install time? how long did it take you to be able to use the product effectively?

Zac Miller said:

Jamie,

We installed our first POS in Nov 2010 after 32 yrs in business. It was very time consuming at first but well worth it because it has made inventory control and product look up much smoother. Generating service calls is much easier as well. We use RB Controls which links up to Quickbooks. You should check them out.

Hope this helps :)

Zac

• Jamie,

We installed our first POS in Nov 2010 after 32 yrs in business. It was very time consuming at first but well worth it because it has made inventory control and product look up much smoother. Generating service calls is much easier as well. We use RB Controls which links up to Quickbooks. You should check them out.

Hope this helps :)

Zac

This reply was deleted.