Translate to:

vacprofanity filter removed this wordbreak negative edge return

  • Rating: No Rating

I am looking for a manufacturer of a vacuum break used to prevent back flow the line from the basin to the pool in a negative edge.  Thanks.

Views: 145

Replies to This Discussion

correction,  I am looking for a air relesaf valve not a vacuum break.  Thanks

You may be able to use a vacuum breaker made by Helicol. Part HC-121B. But it has to be installed above the edge pool

You are looking for a vacuum relief valve. When the lower pool is pumped up to the upper pool this drives the waterfall / negative edge. The line is under pressure when it is going. When it stops (power outage?) the line can provide a wonderful siphon which will dump the upper pool into the lower pool. A vacuum breaker, set in a vertical pipe that is above the water in the upper pool will allow air to suck in and break the siphon. It needs to be on the pressure side of the pump that drives the edge. I got a nice one at Reeves Wideman Plumbing Supply, in Lenexa, Kansas. A 3/4" or 1" will do for a 2" plumbing line.

An air relief valve is used to get air out of the top of a 7" commercial filter. They typically get dirty and are a problem.  


Sign in


 or Sign Up
By signing in, you agree to the amended Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Forgotten your password?


Latest Activity

Charles Connaughton joined Richard A. Falk's group

Water Chemistry

This group is for in-depth discussion of pool and spa water chemistry issues at a more technical…See More
Kim Skinner posted a blog post

How to Obtain a Quality Pool Plaster Finish

For pool builders, remodeling companies, and pool plasterers that want the best chance to obtain a…See More
Charles Connaughton is now a member of Pool Genius Network
David Jamieson posted a blog post

low temp gunite curing

At what temp is wet down of curing gunite not neccessary?See More
Apr 13
Mike Loftus is now a member of Pool Genius Network
Apr 9
Profile IconJulian J. Cervantes and Randy Crites joined Pool Genius Network
Mar 28
Mike Leatherwood replied to Mike Leatherwood's discussion Leak Detection Business
"I just want to update this thread, since it has been a while and I don't want to waste…"
Mar 26
Jacky Stone replied to Mike Leatherwood's discussion Leak Detection Business
"Hi there! It's good to know that you'll be starting your company soon, If you want some…"
Mar 26

© 2018   Created by PGN Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service


Live Video