Translate to:

My supervisor thinks it is a great idea, but I'm not convinced.  I have been checking a lot of articles and suppliers, but I have yet to find a definitive answer. 

Our therapy pool (100 F.   5,000 gal) is directly beside a southern facing wall that is all window (no glazing). Are there any ramifications of using cyanuric acid in an indoor pool, and will it improve the effectiveness of the chlorine?

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

I would not add it since over time it builds up and doesn't go away. I would say NO. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have an indoor therapy pool on our maintenance route.  If you use products with stabilizer, the cya levels will go beyond a normal range very fast.  On this particular pool the cya levels are around 110 ppm.  No chlorine tabs or stabilizer was added.  The levels were raised just by using dy-chlor over a period of about 6 months.  Keep in mind that once your levels get over 100 ppm on stabilizer, a partial drain of the pool is required to lower cya levels. With that being said, be careful about using cya in your indoor therapy pool.  It can also cause skin irritation to the clients using this therapy pool.  Hope this helps

This pool is 5,500 gallons

RSS

Sign in

Password
 or Sign Up
By signing in, you agree to the amended Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Forgotten your password?

Events

Latest Activity

Ken Scott shared Kim Skinner's blog post on Facebook
12 hours ago
Ken Scott shared Kim Skinner's blog post on Facebook
12 hours ago
Louise Grady updated their profile
Monday
Aaron Darouse is now a member of Pool Genius Network
Sunday
Rock Xavier Origanti is now a member of Pool Genius Network
Sep 6
Profile IconDennis Dunn, Steve Brandidge and Louise Grady joined Pool Genius Network
Sep 5
A-TEX Family Fun Center posted a status
Aug 31
Thomas Neal is now a member of Pool Genius Network
Aug 31

© 2018   Created by PGN Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video