Please forgive my ignorance of this topic, but I could really use some help.


I am trying to figure out what the most common, or preferred, method of chemical injection fittings are used. When you set up a new chemical system for a commercial or residential pool, how do you inject it into the main line?


Tap a check valve? Use a saddle clamp? Use some other type of clamp?


I appreciate any suggestions or feedback you have to offer! Thanks in advance!



You need to be a member of Pool Genius Network to add comments!

Join Pool Genius Network

Email me when people reply –


  • I drill and thread the port at one of the 90's or a coupler as the pvc is twice as thick at these areas


  • Let me see what i can find in my files...


    Yes this is what i use for Chuck's IPS system

  • We use 1 1/2" ABS Sanitary Tee's Tee'd into the return line of our Residential jobs.  We install 1 1/2" x 1/2" slip x FIP reducer bushings into the San Tee ends and use either the standard Roll-A-Chem Brass Injection fittings, or Roll-A-Chem Threaded check valve fittings.


    On commercial we have used standard Tee's (whatever size is appropriate) and bushed it down to 1/2" FIP and threaded in the Brass Injection Fittings. 


    One thing that I like to do is use a Schedule 80 Reducer Bushing to thread the Injection Fittings into... They are less likely to split if the injection fitting gets threaded in to far.

  • We recommend tapping in a check valve, usually 1/4 inch NPT.  Fewer problems with leaks.
This reply was deleted.

Aqua Genie

I have a real old Aqua Genie skimmer with a control valve.

My issue is there is no plumbing schematics detailing how to connect the feed inside the skimmer through the control assembly and into the bottom of the hopper.  If anyone knows…

Read more…