I have an EZ touch 8 (with very latest firmware, 2.080)  2- VS 3050's powereing a swimjet system. Each VS has Its own pair of 3 inch suctions with 2 1/2'' returns to the jets (not really relevant to my question) an Is 10 spa side remote and a hard wired in-house board (2.080 firmware also).

After hours with pentair tech support, nobody knows how to make the speed increase/decrease function at the Is10 spa-side operate. The VS pumps are triggered at aux 2 and 3 respectively with the circuit renamed "swimjets" at aux 2 and "jets" at aux 3. Switching is "generic". This is a very new application, being able to use an IS 10 with the EZ touch, and It has baffled me and tech support to the point that I think they are avoiding me. Any insight??

Thanks

Bill

You need to be a member of Pool Genius Network to add comments!

Join Pool Genius Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Jeremy,
    My original motherboard was a re-flashed 2.060 upped to a 2.080. Pentair sent me a brand new pristine 2.080 and the in-house controller. I am running a total of three pumps. A 3/4 w/flo for filtration on the filtration circuit, intelli-bright on aux 1, 1 VS 3050 on Aux 2 and 1 VS 3050 on aux 3. I have addressed the pumps at 1 and 2 respectively and have addressed them both at 1 as a trial. Pentair then graciously sent me an EZ Touch 8 board and in-house control which allowed me to use the additional aux's for speeds. Do have on-board salt. Diagnostic menu says I'm a good boy and did everything right. I really think the problem is in the circuit funtion menu because there is no way to interface the pump incr and pump decr to to the VS pumps unless there is enough memory in the IS 10 and it passes its logic through the motherboard uninterrupted ( and I don't think it does). I think the software is lacking this function. Pentair has been great but from a practical standpoint I have a hefty draw waiting on the resolution of this.
    Thanks for your interest!
    Bill
  • I've not toyed with this option, but have seen it.

A few more probing questions in no particular order...and I'll chew on this for the next day or two.

Did you flash the hardware, what was the original version or is this right out of the box?
    How many aux's are consumed currently?
    is it just bad momentary contact under keypad of the spa side remote (can you assign other buttons to work other functions ok?)
    Are you dealing with one pump or two? Seems to me youd have to address teh pumps first if that were the case.
    What is the ver for your spa-side remote? Is the cord continuous back to the UOC, if not it should be.
    Are the pumps and EZT bonded and grounded securely? No stray voltage on the neutral or ground?
    Do you have a built in intelichlor board? If yes, what is the rev # of that SCG PCB? try disabling and disconnecting that during setting up the this feature.
    Have you tried a replacement UOC yet to confirm its not a hardware issue?
    Do you get any feedback from the diagnostics menu app?
    What has Pentairs T/S suggested to you?

I'll try to get myself in front of one in the field this week or next and toy with this. I dont have the luxury of having a mock setup in my shop.

Please do keep me posted on what you learn in the process. I dont claim to know every nook & cranny of pentair products, I've just seen quite a bit of the problems and i do enjoy the challenges it provides me.

PS. I' was considering using memorial day weekend to get out of town to Tennessee, perhaps I could swing a little R&R out your way.

-Jeremy
    Florida Leisure Pool & Spa
    www.FLLeisure.com
    800-979-0612, ext 201
    Florida Leisure Pool, Spa, Hot Tub Repair, Pumps, Filters, Heaters, Salt Chlorinators, Automation
    We repair pools, spas and hot tubs, pumps, motors, heaters, filters, automation equipment in Gainesville and North Central FL
  • Hello Luke and Jeremy,
    Thanks for the hit.
    Let's see... let me start here. There is a menu option under "settings" called "ISx speed config" or something close to that, it is the next option on the menu below the "I.S. 10" button assignment menu. From the speed config menu you can select an incremental increase from 10 rpm to 250 and assign this to one of the spa side (IS 10) buttons,same for a decrease in speed on another button, of course. The in-house board will not see this function nor control it,only will it "see" that the aux circuit that switches the pump "on" is activated. So this new feature will use one button to toggle up the rpms by the designated amount or toggle down on the decrease button. I know I can assign different speeds to other aux circuits and manage the pump that way (which is how it is right now since I cant get the toggle up,toggle down to work) but call me crazy, I want it the way it is supposed to be. Pentair t/s is working on it and says they'll let me know.
    Please let me know if you have any ideas
    Thanks
    Bill
    ps: We are in Santa Fe NM

Jeremy Hine said:
    Not sure I understand? You want to hit button A on the spa side remote for speed 1 on pump 1 and hit button B on the spa side remote for speed 1 on pump 2? or just change speeds on one of the pumps w/ 2 different buttons on the remote?

if using more than one pump than you'll need to address the pumps via the UOC. Heavy programming via the remote doesn't seem to work real well.

If just trying to change speeds on one of the pumps, then are you consuming a relay (aux) for each speed as well? Perhaps you could call me and we could discuss further? Where is the job-site located? (city, state) lookin' for an excuse to put together a road-trip somewhere. Was even thinkin' about a trip through Atlanta to help Luke on some of the warranty claims in the area.

Have tool bag will travel. I'm down with that.

-Jeremy
    www.FLLeisure.com
    800-979-0612, ext 201
  • Not sure I understand? You want to hit button A on the spa side remote for speed 1 on pump 1 and hit button B on the spa side remote for speed 1 on pump 2? or just change speeds on one of the pumps w/ 2 different buttons on the remote?

if using more than one pump than you'll need to address the pumps via the UOC. Heavy programming via the remote doesn't seem to work real well.

If just trying to change speeds on one of the pumps, then are you consuming a relay (aux) for each speed as well? Perhaps you could call me and we could discuss further? Where is the job-site located? (city, state) lookin' for an excuse to put together a road-trip somewhere. Was even thinkin' about a trip through Atlanta to help Luke on some of the warranty claims in the area.

Have tool bag will travel. I'm down with that.

-Jeremy
    www.FLLeisure.com
    800-979-0612, ext 201
    Florida Leisure Pool, Spa, Hot Tub Repair, Pumps, Filters, Heaters, Salt Chlorinators, Automation
    We repair pools, spas and hot tubs, pumps, motors, heaters, filters, automation equipment in Gainesville and North Central FL
This reply was deleted.