Nexxus Savi lights or PAL2000

I'm familiar with Savi lights for fiberglass and gunite installs without needing a light niche but have had some inquiries about PAL2000.  I was under the assumption that the PAL2000 needed a larger hole than a standard return and the Savi lights used a standard return.  Any recommendations on Savi versus PAL2000?

You need to be a member of Pool Genius Network to add comments!

Join Pool Genius Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good Point David
  • NOT ONLY do the 12V lights save energy, BUT they also remove the 120V light fixture from the watershape, which is in my opinion THE GREATEST thing about these lights!!  They are so much more safe...

Kevin Misley said:

The 12V aspect translates into energy savings (money is customer's pockets and yours too) and the LED's last much longer than standard bulbs. Also, no more clumsy light niches.

• Scott

I have been using the Nexxus lights for a couple of years now. They are great for renovation and new construction. I'm very happy with the product.

I am familiar with the PAL light. With this light you need a very flat surface when installing, i.e. fiberglass or vinyl, as the trim ring that surrounds the light is rather large. Unless a concrete wall is very flat, it will not sit flush. It does have a shorter shaft which is great when replacing fiber optic lights.

The Nexxus light just needs a standard 1.5" wall fitting or an 1.5" female adapter.(concrete only) However, about 14" of straight 1.5" pipe is needed for the light assembly. The PAL does not need this. It too uses a standard wall fitting. I have heard that Nexxus is or has re-designed the light with a shorter assembly. Will see at next show.

Overall I think both products are good. The 12V aspect translates into energy savings (money is customer's pockets and yours too) and the LED's last much longer than standard bulbs. Also, no more clumsy light niches.

• Thanks, David...most of my experience is with Savi as well and  Ihave good feedback from builders in my area.  I asked because several fiberglass dealers at the beach have been using the PAL2000 and prefer it over the Savi.

David Penton said:

Been installing Savi lights for about 1 1/2 years now exclusively.

I love the lights... They do have a few "issues" that they are working out still, BUT they have been AMAZING with warranty requests!

Big thing to consider with nicheless lights is that you need to make sure that you bond the water per NEC... You no longer have the bonding wire attached to the light ring as you do in a standard pool light installation!

No experience or opinion on the PAL2000

• Been installing Savi lights for about 1 1/2 years now exclusively.

I love the lights... They do have a few "issues" that they are working out still, BUT they have been AMAZING with warranty requests!

Big thing to consider with nicheless lights is that you need to make sure that you bond the water per NEC... You no longer have the bonding wire attached to the light ring as you do in a standard pool light installation!

No experience or opinion on the PAL2000

• I actually installed four PAL2000 on a retrofit earlier this year.  They are incredibly easy to install go nicely into a standard 1.5" pipe.  I have not had any experience with the Savi but I really liked working with the PAL2000 when it comes to a nicheless application.
This reply was deleted.